FRMSc helps clients with the art of applying fatigue science to benefit the overall business of organisations, particularly airlines. We create value by increasing profitability and employee well-being by demonstrating how to improve staff alertness and thereby better manage the human resources of an organisation.
Our staff are not only experts in fatigue science but also have the business and operational expertise in the industry domain. We combine these elements to help with both the science and the operational application of it to deliver value.
The FRMSc team are experienced in designing and implementing all aspects of Fatigue Risk Management Systems (FRMS) into organisations of all sizes. One size does not fit all given the range of sizes, operational imperatives and cultures of all organisations that could benefit from such an approach.
Our experienced team comprises of an important mix of fatigue science, business management, risk management and industry domain knowledge. We but also offer aviation experts and our team have held appropriately senior management positions, including board level, of large and small organisations; notably but not exclusively, airlines.
In particular we have:
- implemented full FRMS into airlines over periods of more than 10 years covering Low Cost Carriers, short, long, and ultra long haul routes. We know what works.
- a wide experience in the aviation industry from pilot through operations to board level and other industries such as rail transport, high technology industries and the health industry,
- supported our extensive airline operational knowledge/experience with staff whose competencies include aviation medicine, aviation medicine examination, mathematics, sleep disorder science, organisational development and business management,
- a wide experience of Safety Management Systems (SMS) and how to integrate FRMS into SMS,
- conducted a wide range of alertness studies in aviation and other industries for almost 40 years, some lasting several years. They include short, long and ultra long routes for pilots and cabin crew in aviation as well as staff in the railway industry and nuclear energy production. Extensive studies in the defence industry along with maritime general industry have also been undertaken,
- an ongoing programme to create and develop alertness models from the large and growing data sets at our disposal
- intimate knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements and how best to combine compliance with opportunities to enhance profitability.
By choosing FRMSc to help guide the assessment and implementation of FRMS, a client will have at their disposal not only world class fatigue science but also a group of advisers that know intimately how to apply it in their business to improve business performance, safety and staff well-being. If you’d like to work with us and experience how managing alertness makes good business sense please contact us