Good systems have unambiguous clear information for staff. This is normally achieved by creating a policy and documenting the process in the organisation as is evidenced in the ICAO Standards and Recommended Practises (SARP) document covering Policy and Documentation for FRMS.
Please fillow this link to ICAOs Guidelines for FRMS Implementation for both regulators and operators
The minimum requirments for Safety policy and objectives are:
1. Management commitment and responsibility
2. Safety accountabilities
3. Appointment of key safety personnel
4. Coordination of emergency response planning
5. SMS documentation (most important is the SMS Manual (SMSM)
Ambiguity may not be avoided if the documentation is authored without sufficient experience of this kind of work and without the full facts at their disposal. Good and knowledgeable authors are not plentiful and resources can be wasted as staff struggle to achieve the right balance of scope, content and style.
Starting documents from scratch is very time consuming and draws staff away from their core tasks. A copyrighted framework can be obtained from FRMSc to avoid the initial anxiety of creating a design and then wondering what and how much to cover. It is easy to customise for the type, size and complexity of your operation and will save a lot of time, anxiety and money. Contact us to learn more.
Avoiding Data Duplication and Enhancing Version Control
For those wishing to populate their documentation from other sources and vice versa, instead of using traditional media such as hard-copy manuals, on-line .pdfs on-line etc we can offer solutions that can
- allow the same text to be used by crews, by trainers, in promotional materials and by management,
- allow this same text to be stylised for the appropriate display device; hard-copy manual, training PowerPoint, crew “Electronic Flight Bag”, Tablet, iPAD and PC.
Contact us for assistance with policy development and a more flexible and productive approach to documentation